Deliver the most innovative and sustainable ingredients to our customers
2018年历史开奖记录 www.prfy.net Driven by the ever increasing global concerns around climate change and the scarcity of natural resources, customer and consumer demand for sustainable products continues to grow. Our Material Area of Product Design focuses on sustainable innovation to deliver the desired effect in our customers’ products in the right way. This is achieved through:
- optimising our raw material sourcing, choosing sustainable renewables wherever possible;
- minimising the environmental impact of our ingredients, the products we sell
- ensuring that our ingredients provide environmental benefits in application, wherever possible, such as saving energy or replacing a non-sustainable alternative; and
- achieving all of this safely, without compromising our customers’ high-performance, quality and value requirements.
We assess the sustainability profile of our new products against the 12 Principles of Green Chemistry, measure the sustainability benefit of our new and key existing products in use, and track the percentage of renewable raw materials of our new products.Highlights include:
- 11.4 was the average score of our new products against the 12 Principles of Green Chemistry
- 65.8% of new products met all 12 Principles of Green Chemistry
- 82.3% of new products deliver a sustainability benefit in use
- Raw Materials: Availability and renewability
- Technology platforms: Performance and IP potential
- Chemical Substance: Scability, co-stream value and IP potential
- Customer formulation: Performance, stability, freedom to operate and formulation cost
- Final Customer Product: Brand equity, consumer awareness, freedom to operate, regulatory compliance, in-application cost.
Just a few examples of new products launched in 2015 are:
Cithrol - Personal Care
Capitalising on the advanced cleansing trend in Asia and Europe, this mild surfactant enables the creation of high performance microemulsion or oil based facial cleansers, which don’t require cotton pads for application and are easy to rinse off with less water.
Crodastat - Home Care
This antistat is highly effective at reducing the attraction of dust to surfaces, keeping them cleaner for longer and requiring less frequent cleaning. This therefore reduces the use of cleaning products and emissions of hydrocarbon propellants.
Cithrol - Health Care
This high purity version of an established pharmaceutical excipient has allowed our customers to develop and commercialise a controlled release technology. This has enabled a significant reduction in the frequency of drug injections, resulting in reduced packaging and, more importantly, fewer trips to hospitals for patients. To read more about how innovation and sustainability drives our Product Design, please read our Sustainability Reports.